According to data from the 2020 Carlton Fields Class Action Survey, $2.64 billion was spent on class action litigation in 2019. In 2020, the survey data showed that 64% of all major companies surveyed were currently dealing with a class action lawsuit.
Class action lawsuits are not only expensive, they also have significant business and reputational implications on a company.
Class Action Settlement Insurance (CASI) allows companies to mitigate, cap and transfer the financial risk of settlement in existing class action litigation. This insurance product was designed in response to businesses’ need for financial certainty in class action lawsuits and resulting settlements. CASI eliminates the unintended consequences of settlement and helps businesses exit litigation for a known, fixed cost.
Join our panelists for a complimentary webinar that will explain how class action settlement insurance works and how companies have used CASI to transfer the financial risk of class action litigation.
In this webinar, attendees will learn:
- The benefits of structuring a claims-made settlement
- How to resolve class action litigation for a known, fixed cost
- The importance of negating the unintended consequences of settlement
- How to assess viral claims risk
- Why defending businesses and their counsel should consider CASI
- And much more…